- Check-in is on Saturday from 8 AM to 9 AM at Ten Spoon Winery. You will receive a Hammer packet of goodies and your assigned group number.
- Skills clinic begins at 9 AM with a brief welcome and introductions. You will then break into your groups to begin with skills work.
- Lunch is at noon
- Group ride from 1-3:15 PM
- Closing, raffle and "Most Improved Rider" award from 3:30-4 PM
- After the clinic ends, please grab a glass of wine (if you're 21 or older!) and listen to informal discussions on bike fit, bike mechanics and dressing for biking. Ten Spoon Winery is offering us a special rate of $6 glasses of wine. You'll have to get this deal through us so bring cash or check. There will also be music on Saturday night - family and friends are welcome, too!
- Items to bring: helmet, bike gear, working bike, bag lunch, water bottle or hydration pack, sunscreen, and layering options.
- Water and Hammer product will be available to fill your water containers.
We hope that you are as excited as we are for the 2nd annual MT Alpha Skills Clinic this weekend. Please keep reading for some final reminders and details:
Registration for our second annual skills clinic closes on Wednesday at 10 pm. Sign up!
Are you on the fence about signing up? Or maybe you haven't even considered it? Well, here are some facts that might be of use:
2. You don't have to be a mountain bike racer to attend the clinic
Even though we may have a race team, our skills clinic is not specifically designed for racers! Are you a casual rider who rides for fun? That is AWESOME! Come to our clinic. Are you a super duper mountain bike racer who attends all the MT xc races? That is also AWESOME. Come to our clinic.
3. There is no need to be intimidated!
You will be placed in a group with other women with the same skill level as you! That means there is no pressure for you to feel like you have to "keep up" with the rest.
There are only a few spots left and we REALLY want you to come. It's a super fun and relaxed day at Ten Spoons Winery. Come hang out, learn new skills and meet new women to ride with!
If you have any questions, just let us know!
Our blog posts are written by different members of MT Alpha. If you want to learn more about a specific member of the team, visit our Facebook page!