This year is our seventh annual skills clinic! And we are excited to host our clinic again at Marshall Mountain this year. MTB Missoula has done outstanding trailbuilding over the last few years, and we are confident that there are trail options for all levels and ages.
Each year about 100 riders - ladies and junior boys and girls - enjoy a fun day of skills work and trail riding. Each group is composed of 2 instructors and 8 riders who stick together throughout the day.
Different this year, women will NOT select a specific skill level but complete a very detailed survey upon registering. This will be used to group people of the same technical level and goals. We want women to get as much as possible out of the day.
At the clinic, technical work ranges from bike comfort and braking to downhill riding and cornering. The afternoon features a group ride to keep working on skills and put that new knowledge to use!
Address of Clinic:
5250 Marshall Canyon Road, Missoula, MT 59802
Clinic entry is $50 for women and $35 for juniors. Registration will open on April 15.
Skills Clinic Schedule:
Check-in: 8:30-9:00 AM
Clinic begins: 9:00 AM
Technical drills and skills work: 9:30 AM-Noon
Lunch: Noon-1:00 PM
Group ride with more technical work: 1:00-3:15 PM
Closing ceremony: 3:30-4:00 PM
What to bring:
- A bike in good working order (check the tires, breaks and gears before the clinic to make sure there are no barriers to you riding it for the day)
- Bike helmet
- Tubes in case you get a flat
- Bag lunch and snacks
- Water (we will have Hammer product and H20 but please bring some, too)
- Change of clothes, layers, rain jacket
Keep in mind:
- Marshall Mountain has minimal cellular reception so plan accordingly. Texts and calls can be made from certain areas of the mountain.
- Bathrooms and/or portapotties will be available
- There will be tents for you to leave stuff underneath while you ride
- It could rain so be prepared for being outside and getting wet and muddy
Any comments/concerns/suggestions for the clinic?